If you want to use a SIP line (or a SIP trunk) of your own provider, follow the instructions below.
You can buy the virtual local phone number (SIP number) from such providers:
The purchase won’t take you more than 10-15 minutes.
After registration, the Provider will give you SIP settings for SIP registration within our system:
- IP address or domain name of Sip Server Provider.
- Username of your SIP-account.
- Password of your SIP-account.
- Caller-ID (this field may coincide with the Username).
How to add the current VoIP line
Check our video for the whole process or continue reading to find detailed explanations:
Add own SIP line
Voiptime Cloud SIP settings guide
To set up SIP trunk, go to Settings > SIP manager tab and click ADD SIP. The values for all fields in General tab:
- Name - any title you want to give to your SIP trunk.
- SIP proxy - URL or IP address of SIP Service Provider server.
- Caller ID - it can coincide with the Username (or phone number). In case it is different, it must be given by the SIP Service Provider.
- Enable recording - allows calls recording.
- SIP registration - enables you to register lines using the username and password.
- Username and Password - SIP Service Provider gives you SIP settings. SIP settings include: Username or Trunk # (as it is called at sip.us), Password, Server, Caller ID.
- Replace "Provider X" with any name you want to use for the provider.
- Replace “sipserveryourprovider.com” with the IP address or domain name supplied by your SIP Service Provider.
- Replace "Caller-ID" with Caller Id assigned by your SIP Service Provider (in most cases, this field coincides with the Username).
- Put a checkmark in Enable recording checkbox to record all your calls if needed (the call recording is deactivated by default).
- Put a checkmark in SIP registration checkbox to fill in the fields below:
- Replace "username" with the Username assigned by your SIP Service Provider.
- Replace "password" with the password assigned by your SIP Service Provider.
ADVANCED tab and CODEC contain standardized settings and in 90% cases, you don’t need to change them:
After you fill in all required fields, click SAVE, and wait for a couple of seconds.
If the data is correct, SIP registration status will be OK and connected.
In case SIP registration status is NOT CONNECTED (or 503: DNS Error), check SIP Settings and repeat the attempt.
After adding the line you'll be able to change the used line in the softphone settings.